Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back In Business

I just found out via /Film that Mike Leigh has started filming today on his next feature. Virtually no details are known yet, but it's exciting news anyway!

I was a big fan of last year's Happy-Go-Lucky - you may recall that it made my Top 10 List - so I'm thrilled to hear he's started working again. A little disappointed that Sally Hawkins isn't listed as a cast member, though. Her snub last year for Best Actress still stings, and I'd love for her to get another chance at it soon.

At any rate, I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you all know when specifics on this project are released. Mike Leigh and company tend to hash out their stories as they go, so it could be a while before anything of significance is known.

0 comments:

Post a Comment