Friday, September 11, 2009

Antichrist Marketing

As I admitted back in August, Lars von Trier's Antichrist is a film I have no intention of seeing. Ever.

Reviews are pouring in from Toronto and while plenty of people seem to admire the genius and daring of the film, there are plenty saying that the film contains the most horrible and disturbing images ever seen in cinema. That's not something I feel comfortable puting myself through, quite frankly.

But for those who are interested, I have some more marketing for you. First, there's this as-yet-unapproved poster, which I've heard is very appropriate, and I have to concede it's intriguing:

And then there's this trailer:

If the film is well-received after its release on October 23rd, we could see a surge of support for Charlotte Gainsbourg, who took home the Best Actress prize from Cannes last May. Somehow I think this is one film that AMPAS will be holding at arms length, however well-liked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment