Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making Mr. Fox Fantastic

Here's a nifty little featurette I found over at /Film of the making of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Wes Anderson's stop-motion adaptation of the book by Roald Dahl. Stop-motion animation is truly a fascinating process.

For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I'm not really digging the look of this one. Not to say it isn't well-done, I just for some reason don't find myself drawn in by this animation. I feel like it will distract rather than engage. Who knows, though. It may pleasantly surprise me when I get around to seeing it.

This reminds me, if you haven't yet picked up Henry Selick's Coraline on Blu-ray, you should seriously consider doing so. I spent hours watching the making-of footage and now think it might be the most impressive animated film this year (even if my heart is still with Up).

0 comments:

Post a Comment