Friday, October 30, 2009

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

Written and directed by Oren Peli

Katie Featherston
Micah Sloat

Premiere date: September 25, 2009
R for language.

A haunted house makes no secret of the fact it is not pleased with its new tenants. Katie and Micah are a twentysomething couple who've just moved into a new home in San Diego, California. Katie has an interest in the paranormal and believes that malevolent spirits have been following her since childhood, though Micah is not so easily convinced. However, after several nights of loud noises and strange happenings, Micah starts to agree with Katie that some sort of ghost may have followed them to the new home. After a paranormal researcher tells the couple he can't help them, Micah decides to take control of the situation and sets up a battery of video cameras so that if a spirit manifests itself, he can capture its behavior on tape. Once the surveillance cameras are in place, Katie and Micah bring in a Ouija board in an effort to talk to the spirits, a move that deeply offends the ghosts.

5 comments:

Univarn said...

Ugh I'm so going to be the weird guy reviewing this film in mid-December when everyone's gearing up for Christmas movies :(

Ryan McNeil said...

Alrightee Rae, I'm all a-tither 'cause I just saw it this afternoon...what did you think of it??

Rae Kasey said...

When it was over I found myself thinking, "That was it? It wasn't THAT scary."

But then of course I was up until three in the morning watching Disney movies because I was so freaked out once I got home and it was dark.

Ryan McNeil said...

Ahh...see!

So you thought you were much tougher than it, but later when the lights went out, the movie showed you who was boss.

The mark of a pretty well-made flick, wouldn't you say?

Rae Kasey said...

Yup, it definitely got me.

I've read about alternate endings that I think I would have liked better, though, so I'm really looking forward to the blu-ray release.

Post a Comment