Monday, November 2, 2009

THIS IS IT

Directed by Kenny Ortega

Premiere date: October 28, 2009
PG for some suggestive choreography and scary images.

Michael Jackson's This Is It offers Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from April through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's This Is It captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show.

3 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

Once more with feeling...

"What'd you think Rae?"

Rae Kasey said...

Lol I'm sorry! I know I'm not good about writing my opinions, but honestly this time I have a good excuse. I was so sick last night I spent the night in my tub and haven't felt much better today. Nope. Not kidding.

And as for the movie: I liked it, but I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. Maybe not everyone would enjoy it, but for something that was never even intended for any public unveling I thought it was really well done and a nice window into the kind of artist Jackson was.

Ryan McNeil said...

No pressure...anytime I'm curious for you to expand your post, I ain't shy about asking.

Hope you're feeling better though! (Lots of tea is my usual go-to).

I liked it too, and am pretty sad that this concert never saw the light of day. Of course now I find myself divided from digging the film, and not digging a lot of people's over-reaction to it (present company excluded of course).

Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment