Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FISH TANK

Written and directed by Andrea Arnold

Katie Jarvis
Michael Fassbender

Premiere date: May 14, 2009 (Cannes Film Festival)

Mia is a volatile and rebellious 15-year-old, who is always in trouble and who has become excluded from school and ostracized by her friends. With plenty of time on her hands, Mia spends her days drinking when she can find alcohol and dancing in an empty flat near her apartment. One hot summer’s day her mother brings home a mysterious stranger named Connor who promises to change everything and bring love into all their lives.

Cannes Film Festival
Jury Prize

3 comments:

DEZMOND said...

I love Michael Fassbender a lot, he will be a star, mark my words :) I have a talent in discovering new stars ;PPP

Ellen said...

Ugh I am so jealous! I really loved Andrea Arnold's Red Road and I've been dying to see Fish Tank!

Rae Kasey said...

Fish Tank is just as steadily observant as Red Road, but I think the performances are even stronger here, which is saying quite a lot.

Jarvis, as I mentioned, is an incredibly impressive new talent. And Fassbender is WONDERFUL. Pretty good year for him, since he already gave a strong supporting performance in Inglourious Basterds.

Post a Comment